Brooklyn-based Faction Studio thinks of design from the vantage point of a user – considering user experience first. The team of designers is multi-faceted and multi-disciplined, working together with developers, marketers and strategists to create retention-rising design experiences.
The Best Graphic Design Companies
Graphic design companies help businesses develop and implement visual identity – going way beyond just the online realm. Below, you will find the top three graphic design companies as picked by us, based on numerous criteria. You can look for these by team size, experience, cost, location etc. AND take a have a peek at their portfolio and client reviews on our site’s profile for each.
Five-star reviews collectors SmartSites has enough client testimonial backing to last them years – and yet their graphic design solutions don’t rest on their laurels. One of US’ fastest-growing companies covers a wide array of branding bases and apply their design expertise to various platforms.
Evviva Brands has worked with some of the world’s most respected companies and enterprises, delivering graphic and print design solutions to match their clientele’s reputation, even boost it. With plenty of experience and portfolio entries under their belt, the San Francisco company contemplates design in goal=oriented ways.
Top Graphic Design Agencies Of 2019
By employing one of the best graphic design companies, you are on your way to boosting your brand identity through imagery associated exclusively with your business. Our listing of these expert firms continues down below with hundreds more. Keep reading for our insight into why graphic design matters and how exactly it can establish your enterprise.
|Company||Website||Location||Team Size||Average Rate||Minimal Budget|
|1. Faction Studio NYC||https://www.factionstudio.com||68 Jay St, Suite 201, Brooklyn, New York 11201, United States||Under 49||$95/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|2. SmartSites||https://www.smartsites.com||45 Eisenhower Drive, Suite 520, Paramus, New Jersey 07652, United States||50 - 99||$100/hr||Inquire|
|3. Evviva Brands||https://www.evvivabrands.com||1142 Grant Avenue, San Francisco, California 94133, United States||Under 49||$200/hr||Inquire|
|4. Cofa Media Inc||https://www.cofamedia.com||2251 Las Palmas Dr Suite 201, Carlsbad,, California 92011, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|5. Dyode||https://www.dyode.com||451 W. Lambert Rd., Suite 212, Brea, California 92821, United States||Under 49||$99/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|6. Weight Creative||https://weightcreative.com||#170 - 422 Richards Street, Vancouver, V6B 2Z4, Canada||Under 49||$120/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|7. I-Tul Design & Software Inc.||https://i-tul.com||1504 Eureka Road, Suite 325, Roseville, California 95661, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|8. Leverage||https://www.leveragestl.com||205 Chesterfield Ind Blvd, Chesterfield, Missouri 63005, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|9. TechBear.com||https://techbear.com||252 Nassau Street 2nd Floor, Princeton, New Jersey 08542, United States||Under 49||$23/hr||Inquire|
|10. TechUptodate.com.au||https://techuptodate.com.au||PO Box 71, PROSPECT TAS, 7250, Australia||Under 49||$35/hr||Under $1,000|
|11. Wildfire||https://wildfireideas.com||709 N Main Street, WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina 27101, United States||Under 49||$110/hr||Under $1,000|
|12. Red Spot Design||https://www.redspotdesign.com||3010 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #1200, Dallas, Texas 75234, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|13. AXIS visual||http://www.axisvisual.com||1600 Lower State Rd, Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|14. The PM Group||https://www.thepmgrp.com||7550 West Interstate 10, STE 510, San Antonio, Texas 78229, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||Inquire|
|15. WebClues Global||https://www.webcluesglobal.com||6851 Roswell Rd, 1st Floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30328, United States||50 - 99||$25/hr||Inquire|
|16. Identity Marketing Group||https://id.marketing||350 N 76 Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68114, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|17. Convince Communication Network||http://www.convince.it||Via Santa Maria di Castello 22/17b (Liguria) Ge, GENOVA, 16123, Italy||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000 - $10,000|
|18. Viral in Nature Inc||http://viralinnature.com||70 6 a St. NE Calgary Alberta, Calgary, T2E 4A3, Canada||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|19. 411 Locals||https://411locals.com||101 Convention Center Dr #900, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109, United States||500 - 999||Inquire||Under $1,000|
|20. Media Development||https://www.mediadevelopment.com||3701 East Lake Centre, Suite 9, Quincy, Illinois 62305, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|21. FRW Studios||https://www.frwstudios.com||5 Veracruz, Dana Point, California 92629, United States||Under 49||$95/hr||Under $1,000|
|22. Wegacha||https://wegacha.com||66 W Flagler St. Suite 907, Miami, Florida 33130, United States||Under 49||$49/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|23. Left Hand Design||https://lefthd.com||7233 Manchaca Rd, Austin, Texas 78745, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||Inquire|
|24. Pixel Productions Inc.||https://www.pixelproductionsinc.com||29 Hawthorne Street, Medford, Oregon 97504, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|25. LimeRed||https://limered.io||4611 N Ravenswood Ave Suite 203, Chicago, Illinois 60640, United States||Under 49||$200/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|26. Spin350 Creative||https://spin350.com||1 Westinghouse Plaza, Building C, Boston, Massachusetts 02136, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|27. The Bureau Of Small Projects||https://www.smallprojectsbureau.com||609 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 200, Rolling Hills Estates, California 90274, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|28. BAKER Associates||https://bkrdsn.com||6110 Blue Circle Drive Suite 100, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55343, United States||Under 49||$140/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|29. Cieden||https://cieden.com||Stets'ka 3a, Lviv, 79000, Ukraine||Under 49||$39/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|30. Radish Lab||https://radishlab.com||304 Boerum St., Brooklyn, New York 11206, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|31. SocialSellinator||http://www.socialsellinator.com||2661 Coit Drive, San Jose, California 95124, United States||Under 49||$99/hr||Under $1,000|
|32. Gatorworks||https://gatorworks.net||10988 N. Harrells Ferry Road Suite 12, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70816, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|33. Verve Marketing Group||https://vervemarketinggroup.com||2625 Butterfield Road, #138S, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523, United States||Under 49||$120/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|34. Ethic Advertising||https://www.ethic-ads.com||1 Forestwood Dr, Suite 100, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237, United States||Under 49||$75/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|35. Paragraphs LLC||https://paragraphs.com||200 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1410, Chicago, Illinois 60604, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000 - $50,000
|36. Brand You Development & Coaching Limited||https://www.brandyou.ie||Brand You Development & Coaching LTD Suite 67, No. 20 Harcourt street, Dublin 2, D02 H364, Ireland||Under 49||$200/hr||$10,000 - $25,000
|37. Robyn and Robyn||https://robynandrobyn.com||PO Box 235, Laguna Beach, California 92652, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|38. Vault Innovation||https://vaultinnovation.com||20 N. Upper Wacker Dr. #1200, Chicago, Illinois 60606, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$25,000 - $50,000
|39. Become Digital Today||https://becomedigitaltoday.com||3rd floor Bea Building, antipolo, 1870, Philippines||Under 49||$10/hr||Under $1,000
|40. Slice Design||http://slicedesign.co.uk||Unit 12, Glenthorne Mews, London, W6 0LJ, United Kingdom||Under 49||$100/hr||Inquire
|41. Kate Miller Design||http://katemiller.design||200 SW James Drive, Bend, Oregon 97702, United States||Under 49||$140/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|42. iTec Media||https://itec.media||1900 Campus Commons Drive Ste 100, Reston, Virginia 20191, United States||Under 49||$75/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|43. Decipher Zone Softwares||https://decipherzone.com||14/120, Amitek Building, Shipra path road, Mansarovar, Jaipur, 302020, India||50 - 99||$10/hr||Under $1,000
|44. Loka Design Co||https://loka.co||19 E. Citrus Ave #201, Redlands, California 92373, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|45. Lien Design||http://www.liendesign.com||510 Upas St., San Diego, California 92103, United States||Under 49||$135/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
What Do Graphic Design Companies Do?
Graphic design companies create imagery and visual content that businesses use for branding all of their products, services, and material. A streamlined visual identity helps companies attract new clients and retain old ones.
A variety of imagery/visual content can be created by graphic design companies. This can include:
- Logos, branding and other facets of corporate design
- Marketing campaign visuals
- Website illustrations
- Business cards
- Typography and fonts
- Environmental design
- Print and publication material etc.
Each of these bears a specific significance for your business and branches out into even more specific areas.
- Logo design creates a symbolic image used across all channels that enhances your brand’s visibility. A logo becomes an instantly recognizable “avatar” synonymous with the firm it’s made for. A good logo and corporate design, in general, should encompass the brand’s core values, identity and products and be put to serve the higher turnover rates.
- In marketing and advertising area, best graphic design companies handle the visual representation of promotional and marketing materials. Graphic design in this segment extends, but is not limited, to: social media posts, website banners, magazine ads, e-mail newsletters, infographics etc.
- Through website design, these graphic design companies from our immersive list above are blurring the line between graphic and web design. The job of a good graphic/website designer is to manage and optimize the user experience and user interface. They do this through compelling website navigation solutions, website icons, banners, fonts etc.
- Graphic design companies can also produce visual content for publications and printed products such as books, catalogs, newspaper, reports etc.
- Corporate design makes sure your businesses’ office branding, reports, presentations and more are aligned with the identity summed up in a logo.
- Finally, in environmental design, graphic design companies come up with visual solutions for billboards, murals, exhibits, conferences, stores, posters, signs and more!
Graphic Design Companies – Why They Matter To Your Business
Apart from what’s already pointed out – strengthening your businesses’ brand identity, awareness and visibility – utilizing the services of a graphic design company with a proven track record can have other benefits.
For instance, having an instantly recognizable, effective logo can give you an edge over all other companies in your niche by making you stand out.
Also, as your brand grows and new platforms and strategies emerge, having a steady graphic design company as a partner will ensure you’re never short on appropriate design solutions that match the needs of said channels and platforms.
Other notable advantages of dedicating your strategy and budget to having a top graphic design company by your side are:
- A good branding agency and logo creator will conduct a thorough market research with focus groups, surveys, analytics, database research, questionnaires and more
- Development of a brand strategy, creation of a book containing the guidelines and visuals for business presentation, unifying the brand identity across all channels and platforms
- It’s a long-term partnership investment: the best graphic design companies will need to take the time to get to know your company and its defining characteristics. Only through this approach will they truly succeed in helping your revenue rise as a result of the improved corporate identity.
- The said identity becomes cohesive and this, in turn, enhances and strengthens communication both with your business clients and your customers.
- Consistency of a good brand visual identity can lead up to a 23% higher revenue, according to some estimates
Graphic Design Companies Cost: How Much Do They Charge For Their Work?
The amount you as a business will need to spend on the services of a graphic design company depends on these factors:
- The complexity and scope of the work needed, as well as the type of graphic design visuals
- The location of the graphic design company of your choice
Generally speaking, North American graphic design companies will charge hourly rates, usually from $100 to $200, while companies in Eastern Europe or India will charge anywhere between $35 to $75 per hour.
Looking at particular types of design, the creation of a logo is among the costliest one: a high quality logo can cost anywhere between $2,000 and $15,000.
In case your business is in need of a thorough makeover – meaning, a complete rebranding work is necessary – the cost of this can increase vastly, even above $250,000 to account for the creation of a website and a complete marketing strategy.
For a better overview of each graphic design company’s hourly rate and price sheet, check out our list of best design agencies above!
Choosing The Best Graphic Design Company For Your Business
Of course, what you want to look for in a graphic design company is the highest rate of talent possible, as well as innovation and an eminent portfolio (preferably the one that won prizes).
But those are very general metrics and they don’t really speak of the company’s notion of integrity, professionalism and business comradery. You can look for levels of expertise, customer testimonials and more in the listing table above.
However – when selecting one, be sure to:
Find a graphic design company that can understand your target market
Meaning, can they quickly and effectively conduct research on your desired target audience, competitors, brand, trends and industry in general? Can they adjust themselves to new demands on the market?
Make sure all of these questions can be answered with a resounding “yes” before hiring someone!
Find a graphic design company that has a great portfolio and a well-organized working process
These two factors go hand in hand. Graphic design is a complex process and for it to go down well, it needs to be communicated closely between team members of the graphic design company and the company and you as a client. An objective must be set clearly so that it can be translated into a visual solution you will be proud of.
Their track record is something that you should value highly, but also by their previous clients in past referrals.
Best graphic design companies have teams that work collaboratively and have easy-to-understand pricing
Coming up with a price of a work you demand can be tricky. That’s why trusted and reliable partners will let you know -in very clear terms- what their pricing structure looks like for every step of the process, even before you ask (but you should ask anyway! More on that below).
Likewise, a habit much valued for any good graphic design company is for it to have professional, passionate and determined team members who excel in cooperative work.
Best graphic design companies form deep, professional bonds with their clients
This can mean many things, but what it should always mean, is for a design company to take note and respect your suggestions, insights and interventions along the way in the process. The depth and strength of your cooperation will determine the final outcome of their work on your visual identity.
15 Questions To Ask Graphic Design Companies
Before you hire one of the best graphic design companies from our agency table list above, ask each of the candidates these questions. They will help you establish their level of expertise, their collaborative habits, how they use their resources and more.
- What are their previous experiences with your particular industry and which clients have they partnered within it?
- How do they plan to reach your business objectives and have they already achieved some that were similar?
- What materials do they need from you and when do they want them provided?
- What do they think your brand should focus on, in terms of design trends?
- Are there any of your current visual identity cues that they like and are there any that they would like to change? If yes, how?
- Do they plan to conduct market research on your target audience and how to target them visually?
- Do they have any thoughts on merging your brand identity into a functional design?
- Who will comprise the team that will work on your project?
- What is their area of expertise and what previous work have they done in company?
- Who is your point of contact?
- Will you be able to share your thoughts and ideas throughout the process and can you expect to have some of them taken into consideration and even implemented?
- Will you have regular meetings to touch base?
- How do they determine the project’s timeline?
- Ask them to describe your brand and what they feel is your core value and mission.
- How do they see our collaboration once the graphic design elements are rolled out, will they be measuring the efficiency and results with you?
Best Graphic Design Agencies Summary
Graphic design companies come in many shapes and sizes, and can cover a wide range of specific fields, as we’ve seen. They can be all-encompassing, such as branding and corporate design firms or way more particular, focusing on just your logos or execution of billboards.
Aptly, their price range differs as well. Several factors that we’ve covered in this article will influence what the financial outcome for your business will be – but the potential return, both in revenue and in customer retention, can be repaid tenfold.
It is now up to you to find that perfect graphic design company partner! And we’re here to help!
By using our definitive listing of the very best graphic design companies both in the US and abroad, you may read through previous clients’ and customers’ testimonies and reviews, get a good look at their portfolio and level of expertise, team size, hourly rates and more. In short, enough material to help you make a well-judged decision.
Are you ready to tackle the quest for the best graphic design company? Find them all on this page in the listing above!