Lexicon Branding mixes corporate strategy, creative development and linguistic analysis when coming up with the naming that will reflect the core values of a brand. They also conduct very thorough research of the company’s consumer base and descriptive models that support business objectives.
Top Naming Agencies
Are you a start-up and need a name for your business and your products? Or, maybe you have a well-established company and want to rebrand? Our professional team researched the best naming agencies that can help your brand stand out and grow. Here are the top three of them.
With the know-how for making small businesses and startups think (and achieve) big dreams, The Bureau of Small Projects will commit to improving business messaging and communication with key demographics by applying a naming strategy that works for the benefit of long-term goals.
Top Brand Naming Specialists Of 2019
If you still didn’t find what you were looking for, check out the following extended list of top brand naming specialists. Compare both local and global naming agencies and choose the one that will suit your business needs the best.
|Company||Website||Location||Team Size||Average Rate||Minimal Budget|
|1. Lexicon Branding||https://www.lexiconbranding.com||30 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 3360, Sausalito, California 94965, United States||Under 49||Inquire||Inquire|
|2. The Bureau Of Small Projects||https://www.smallprojectsbureau.com||609 Deep Valley Drive, Suite 200, Rolling Hills Estates, California 90274, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|3. Griflan Design Inc.||https://griflan.com||4206 Spruce Street, philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|4. Kobe Digital||https://www.kobedigital.com||7083 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90028, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|5. Mad Icarus Media||https://www.madicarusmedia.com||PO Box 809, Plumsteadville, Pennsylvania 18949, United States||Under 49||$130/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|6. Studio Linear||https://studiolinear.com||Appointment Only, Bangor, Maine 04401, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|7. BMG MEDIA||https://bmgmediaco.com||975 E. Maple Rd, Suite 100, Birmingham, Michigan 48009, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|8. Smashed Media||https://smashedmedia.com||902 Clint Moore Rd #108, Boca Raton, Florida 33487, United States||50 - 99||Inquire||$1,000 - $10,000|
|9. Media Development||https://www.mediadevelopment.com||3701 East Lake Centre, Suite 9, Quincy, Illinois 62305, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|10. Blink Digital Consulting||https://www.blinkdigital.org||SW, Calgary, T3E 6V1, Canada||Under 49||$45/hr||Under $1,000|
|11. E180 Digital Product Agency||http://www.e180la.com||Av. Santa María 6649, Santa María Park, Office 4, Rincón de Milberg, Buenos Aires, B1636, Argentina||Under 49||$40/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|12. Radish Lab||https://radishlab.com||304 Boerum St., Brooklyn, New York 11206, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|13. Lounge Lizard||https://www.loungelizard.com||41 e 11th street 11th floor, New York, New York 10003, United States||50 - 99||$150/hr||$25,000 - $50,000|
|14. Left Hand Design||https://lefthd.com||7233 Manchaca Rd, Austin, Texas 78745, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||Inquire|
|15. Robyn and Robyn||https://robynandrobyn.com||PO Box 235, Laguna Beach, California 92652, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|16. GKV||https://gkv.com||1500 Whetstone Way, 4TH Floor, Baltimore, Maryland 21230, United States||50 - 99||$140/hr||$50,000 & Up|
|17. Maxburst Inc||https://www.maxburst.com||205 E 42nd St., 20th Floor, New York, New York 10017, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|18. Midas Marketing||https://winwithmidas.com||1801 NW Upshur St. Suite 670, Portland, Oregon 97209, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||Inquire|
|19. Geekschip||https://www.geekschip.com||1433 Hidden Ranch Dr, Simi Valley, California 93063, United States||50 - 99||$25/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|20. Wegacha||https://wegacha.com||66 W Flagler St. Suite 907, Miami, Florida 33130, United States||Under 49||$49/hr||$1,000 - $10,000|
|21. BeCurious Studio||https://becurious.co||Brooklyn, NY, Brooklyn, New York 11209, United States||Under 49||$120/hr||$10,000 - $25,000|
|22. ElephantMark||https://www.elephantmark.com||12203 Clubhouse Drive, Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202, United States||Under 49||$125/hr||$10,000 - $25,000
|23. Killian Branding||https://www.killianbranding.com||73 W. Monroe St., Chicago, Illinois 60603, United States||Under 49||$175/hr||$10,000 - $25,000
|24. LimeRed||https://limered.io||4611 N Ravenswood Ave Suite 203, Chicago, Illinois 60640, United States||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|25. NameStormers||https://www.namestormers.com||2201 Windsor Road East, Austin, TX 78703, Austin, Texas 78703, United States||Under 49||$200/hr||$10,000 - $25,000
|26. BAKER Associates||https://bkrdsn.com||6110 Blue Circle Drive Suite 100, Minnetonka, Minnesota 55343, United States||Under 49||$140/hr||$10,000 - $25,000
|27. Paragraphs LLC||https://paragraphs.com||200 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1410, Chicago, Illinois 60604, United States||Under 49||$150/hr||$25,000 - $50,000
|28. Titan SEO Group||https://titanseogroup.com||7901 4th St, St. Petersburg, Florida 33702, United States||Under 49||Inquire||Under $1,000
|29. Brown Box BRanding||https://www.brownboxbranding.com||400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2600, Detroit, Michigan 48243, United States||Under 49||$115/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|30. VSG Marketing||https://vsg360.com||1702 Tacoma Avenue S, Suite A, Tacoma, Washington 98402, United States||Under 49||$135/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|31. Kit Shopify||https://kitshopify.com||P.O. BOX 210874, Royal Palm Beach, Florida 33414, United States||Under 49||$20/hr||Under $1,000
|32. Brand Soul Consultancy||https://www.brandsoul.com.my||29-3, Menara 1, Strata Office, No.3, Jalan Bangsar, KL Eco City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, 59200, Malaysia||Under 49||$300/hr||$25,000 - $50,000
|33. The Next Big Thing - Digital Marketing Agency||https://thenextbigthing.co||Floor 3, Tower C, Win Win Towers, Siddhi Vinayak Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad, 500081, India||Under 49||$25/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
|34. Rayvn Design||http://Rayvn.io||150 South Service Rd., Mississauga, L5G 2R9, Canada||Under 49||$150/hr||$1,000 - $10,000
Naming Agencies: How To Choose The Best One For Your Business?
The brand naming specialists you hire, have to be knowledgeable and have experience in helping brands in your industry. They should be creative and know the brand naming process very well. So, you find out how much experience they have in providing businesses with brand naming services in your niche.
Looking at the previous work of the potential naming agencies will give you an insight into their strengths. By going through their portfolio and clients, you will see how creative they are and whether they will be able to meet your needs.
The approach the naming agencies have is also of great importance. Are they nice folks who will be happy to work for you and meet all your demands? Will they consider your opinion during the brand name development process? The way they approach your project can help you determine which naming firm is right for your business.
Recommendations and reviews.
When deciding which of the naming agencies is the best for your business, you should also go through their recommendations and reviews. They will show you how reliable the brand naming specialists are. By taking the time to read what other people say about the potential brand naming agencies, you will be able to tell which brand namings specialists you should hire.
Naming Agencies: What Do They Do?
Naming agencies are firms that develop names for brands and products. They also offer different brand naming services including logo design and corporate identity.
With the help of brand naming specialists, businesses can be identified easily. Brand naming services allow consumers to see you as a unique company that differentiates from all others.
According to AdWeek, 91% of shoppers would rather buy from a brand that is authentic. This number tells us that having a unique name is of great importance.
Naming Companies: Why You Should Invest In One
Brand naming is an essential part of every branding strategy. Without the right name, no one will notice you. Your business will suffer and you will lose clients.
It takes as little as 10 seconds for your audience to form an opinion about your brand. When you promote your products or services, your name will be the first thing that people see. That’s why names should be catchy and appealing. They should have the power to engage the audience and make it take action.
However, developing a brand name is not easy. It can take days, weeks even months.
Partnering with a brand naming agency will save you a lot of time and effort. With the help of their expert opinion and resources, you will ensure that your brand stands out from your competition, and, ultimately, attracts more revenue for your business.
Brand Naming Specialists: How Much Does It Cost To Hire Them?
The cost for brand name development and naming agencies will depend on several factors. Firstly, the price is determined by the type of project or the size of the company. The more research is needed, the more money you will have to pay to the brand naming specialists.
Then, the cost of brand naming services also depends on whether you need only a name or other branding services as well. For example, if you also need a logo design, then the price will increase.
Moreover, another thing to consider is whether you want to have the same name domain as your brand name. Let’s take Apple for instance. This company’s brand name matches its domain (apple.com). In such cases, the domain cost would be higher, and the brand naming agencies would charge you more.
It is impossible to come up with a single ballpark cost. However, if you hire naming agencies, the prices would range between $2,000 – $75,000 for a brand name development. If the brand naming specialists include trademark searches and domain name, then the cost will be higher.
7 Key Questions You And The Brand Naming Specialists Should Consider When Developing A Name
When creating a name, make sure you bear the following questions in mind:
- Is the name distinctive? To stand out from the crowd you need a unique name. With the help of naming agencies, you can come up with one that is easily recognizable and which differentiates your brand from all others.
- Does it make sense for my business? When you create a brand name, it is advisable to choose something that is connected to your business. So, think about your brand’s personality; Is your voice entertaining or a serious one? Brand naming specialists will make sure that you capture this spirit.
- Is it simple and easy to remember? It is of great importance to be creative. However, during the brand name development, you shouldn’t forget about pronunciation. The brand name should be short and easy to read so that the audience can easily remember.
- Will the audience like it? When brand naming specialists brainstorm names, they should think of your audience. Will the name be attractive to the people you target? Will they connect with it? The right brand name must engage your target audience. So, these are the essential questions to consider as well.
- What do I want to achieve with this name? With the help of branding agencies, you will ensure that you keep your focus on what you want to achieve with your brand name. Do you want to be distinctive from your competition? Or, maybe you want to make your brand image stronger? Make sure the name you develop has a purpose.
- Do I find it right? Never accept a name just because it is available, or just because brand naming specialists told you to use it. If you don’t like your business name, no one else will. You should be comfortable with it and proudly promote it.
- Will the name sell my products or services? Brand names should be eye-catching, attractive and engaging. They should be able to sell your products or services as well.
There are a lot of things to consider during brand name development. Yes, this process is not an easy one and takes time and effort to come up with the right name. However, with the help of naming agencies, you will go through the necessary steps easily and quickly.
Before you choose the best brand naming specialists for your business needs, read on to find out the importance of brand name development.
What Is Brand Name Development?
Brand name development is a creative process of developing a unique name for your business. Brand names should be distinctive, emotionally appealing and easy to remember.
Naming a business isn’t easy. It can take weeks even months to come up with the right name. That’s why business people hire professional naming agencies to help them with this overwhelming process.
There are several types of brand names, and these are the most common ones:
- Descriptive: These names simply describe the product or services the business offers. They are simple and functional. Although there is no room for creativity, they describe the brand clearly to the audience. A good example of a descriptive name is General Motors. It is simple and describes the business.
- Invented: Sometimes it is difficult to find the perfect word to describe what you offer. That’s why you need to invent a brand name. In such cases, you can use your imagination and come up with an interesting word or phrase. However, even invented names are hard to build. So, you can always ask naming agencies for help. Starbucks is an example of an invented name.
- Acronym names: A quick fact says that 72% of the best brand names in the market are acronyms. Very often businesses use acronyms for their long company names or names which are difficult to pronounce. For instance, NASA is the brand name and acronym for National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
The right brand naming services can make a product desirable, a must-have and unforgettable. It can make a big difference to your brand’s success and achieving your business goals.
Developing A Brand Name: 5 Tips To Bear In Mind
A powerful differentiator among the competition, your brand name should be clear, powerful and attractive to your target audience.
Here are five tips that will help you in the brand naming process:
- Brand names should be simple and easy to pronounce: You should never choose a name that is very long or hard to say. On the contrary, it should sound simple, pleasant and be appealing to clients. When you work on brand naming, think of your target audience. When they pronounce your brand name, it should evoke positive associations.
- Never copy your competition: Aim for a brand name that is unique and different from your competitors. 65% of consumers claim that trusting a brand matters. So, make sure you choose a name that will help you differentiate from other businesses in your niche since it will bring you more loyal clients.
- Check whether it is available: Once you and the naming agency come up with a brand name, you need to make sure that it isn’t taken by somebody else. Simply visit the Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), and run your name through. The results will show whether there are any registered trademarks with the same name. Moreover, you should also check domain name availability. You don’t want other businesses to take all the domain options with the same name, right?
- Consider your logo: When naming agencies brainstorm name ideas, they should always keep your logo in mind. They should think about its design and how your brand name will fit in it. Your logo and name should become synonymous and be memorable. To achieve that, you shouldn’t look at them as independent.
- Come up with a meaningful name. It would be ideal if your business name conveys something meaningful. It means that it should be related to your business. However, don’t develop a name that is too descriptive since descriptive names don’t have an emotional impact on the audience.
Branding is an important component of every business strategy, and the brand name is the pillar of it. Thus, it pays to make it more memorable.
Benefits of Having A Strong Brand Name
The advantages of having a strong brand name are endless. Here are the top three reasons why investing in brand naming services is beneficial:
- Increases customer recognition: According to Global Banking And Finance, 71% of consumers believe that it is essential to recognize a brand before they make a purchase. So, having a strong brand name is crucial and it helps in being recognized by clients easily.
- Contributes to trust and loyalty: Strong names are hard to forget. They are appealing and clients connect emotionally with them. In fact, 94% of consumers would recommend a brand they emotionally engaged with. So, brand naming increases trust and makes clients be loyal to the products or services your brand offers.
- Makes you stand out from your competition: We live in a world where competition is huge and severe. With the help of naming agencies, you can develop a brand name that will stand out and make you unique. Having a strong name means being recognizable and different from others.
Investing in a brand name is something that every business should do to increase brand awareness and recall. However, coming up with an effective name also means turning to naming agencies for help. They will make this process much easier and less overwhelming.
Naming Agencies Make Your Business More Successful
The advantages of developing a brand name are enormous. However, your business doesn’t need just a name, but it needs a strong name. Strong names increase loyalty and customer recognition and help you stand out from your competitors as well.
Naming agencies have the knowledge and experience to meet your business needs and develop the right name for your brand. They will make sure it is authentic, appealing and easily identified by the audience.
Don’t hesitate to invest in brand naming specialists since they can make your business more successful. Choose the best naming agency for your needs and enjoy positive results.